NEW! Art Action UK Micro - Residencies
We are offering artists/ researchers/ curators/ post graduate students, micro residencies, staying with an artist/architect family in South East London, with easy access to galleries and museums.
AAUK Micro-residency will provide:
An opportunity to reflect and gain some perspective on your own practice without any constraints.
An opportunity to meet local artists, curators and share your own work.
An opportunity to carry out research and to receive local support.
Experience of London with local people who have some knowledge of the art scene.
No Studio space. and artist are not required to produce an exhibition during their residency.
One mentoring session for free ( £65 fees covered by AAUK)
Who can apply to Micro-residency?
Artists, curators, researchers and students engaged in the research relating to “Post Fukushima” condition. No restriction on the area of practices / age / nationality / gender/ religious background.
up to 4 weeks max.
South East London, Zone 2. A furnished room with bed, desk and chair, bookshelf, own fridge, wardrobe, drawer, hair dryer vacuum cleaner, free access to Wifi, kitchen, bathroom living room, and garden deck area. Central heating, 24 hour hot water. No Studio space
Application fee : Free
Micro Residencies are self funding position, and there will be a cost for accommodation. £150 per week.
Other Expenses: Artists need to arrange their own flight to and from the UK, and pay for their own food, transport and local expenses.
Artists need to arrange their own visa for entering the UK. For most of artist this means obtaining a tourist visa for a month’s sightseeing stay in London. AAUK will not be able to help with visa status for artists.
Make sure to provide below information when you are making enquiry.
2. CV ( Including email/ address/phone number/ education/ relevant experience / exhibitions/ projects/ etc, file must be under 2MG)
3. links to your website or other online platform where we can access examples of your work(s).
4. Statement of intent- Please write a reason why you would like to take part in AAUK Micro Residency, max 500 words
5. Dates ( Please state the proposed dates to enquire about availability. Maximum stay 4 weeks)
6. send above by email subject line as Micro Residency_ Name
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org